Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top 5: Not-so-useful Knits for Babies

This is the final list in my series, which started with Top 5 Knits for Babies and Top 7 Knits for Toddlers. Today, I'm taking a look of the knits I prepared before welcoming the little one, but never actually used. I do not mean to speak ill of the patterns mentioned - it is merely a matter of misjudgement from my side!

My Top 5: Not-so-useful Knits for Babies

1: Knitted Bodysuits


In my opinion so not worth the trouble (especially of buttoning all these buttons) when you can buy really brilliant ones and spend your knitting time on something which will actually be seen, like little vests. I may be wrong, though.

2: Heavy Summer Sweaters


It may have been the timing with the seasons, but I never used heavy cotton summer sweaters.

3: Baby Booties that Don't Stay on the Foot


I much preferred these that did (cf. my list of favourite baby knits).

4: Knitted Bibs


I'm not sure this is worth the trouble either. Maybe it would have been, had he been a drooler, but we only ever used bibs for eating and they need to be considerably larger!

5: Knits that Don't Fit!


There's absolutely nothing wrong with this little vest, except that I never managed to get it over his (rather large) head!

3 comments:

Madam Munch said...

Tak, Birgitte for dine visninger af favoritter og ikke så nyttige striksager . Meget brugbart for os mormødre.

Monstermønster said...

Flere ting jeg kan skrive under på. Bomullsjakker har feks ikke blitt brukt, for når det var varmt nok til å droppe ull, så var det stort sett for varmt for tykk bomull og...

Jeg elsket hettejakker til sønnen, for da fikk jeg tatt hetta på hodet på en liten luehater, kollegaen min gav bort alle jakker med hetter fordi hun syntes babyen bare fikk hetta i krøll i nakken.

Siga said...

I admit that I shook my head when I saw those knitted bibs back in the day. We never used any bibs and the idea of using a knit on a drooling baby always seemed strange to me. Maybe one day a mother will come forward and tell she loved those - I have yet to see.