Friday, July 15, 2011

What to do with 6 skeins of grey superwash wool bought on sale?

First, I want to say thanks for all the nice comments on my two new sweaters!

So, what to do with 6 - or actually 4 and 2 - skeins of versatile grey superwash wool bought on sale? Well, I'd suggest this:


Pattern: Pebble (Rav link) by Nikol Lohr - this is actually a fairly old pattern, but it may become a new favourite!
Yarn: Schachenmayer Nomotta Juvel, col. 00005, 75 g.
Needles: 4.5 mm.
Ravelry project page: here.


Pattern: Kerrera for kids (Rav link) by Gudrun Johnston.
Yarn: Viking of Norway Superwash, col. 113, 185 g.
Needles: 5.0 mm and 5.5 mm. I wish I'd knit the hems on 5.0 mm, too, because the front edges (knit on 5.0 mm) look so much nicer!
Ravelry project page: here.

Somehow grey wool and red buttons are just such a nice match! 

These two projects left me with only a bit of each quality. I used it for making a pair of mittens for a new born (a great pattern from Pickles) and a stripy hat for a 3(?)-year old. 

 

3 comments:

juicyknits said...

Wow, now you only need a cute little baby to wear all these things! :)

Irene said...

Hvor er det søde og fine ting du har fået ud af seks nøgler udsalgsgarn:-) Og du har ret - rødt og gråt klæ`r hinanden. Det røde islæt på det grå er lige prikken over i-et:-)

Monstermønster said...

Kerrera var superfin! Lekkert i grått!