I finished 3 knits in March, and I guess now is the time to blog about them - I finally managed to get photos yesterday.
1) Cubed Necklace:
This one is featured in the new book (also available as pdf) Ori Ami Knits by Olga Buraya-Kefelian & Vanessa Yap-Einbund. The book uses Habu Textiles yarns only, and is thus a very interesting book. I fell in love with this funny cubed necklace (in the book it looks more like a real necklace as you can see here on the pattern's Ravelry page), but wanted to make it from stash instead. And so I did.
Here's a link to my Ravelry project page, should you be interested in learning more about it and seeing how I constructed mine (more photos).
2) Woodland Scarf:
It's a loooong one. More than 2 metres I think. It took me 19 months to finish - mainly because it spent a long time sleeping in my knitting basket. But here it is - finally finished after I decided to do so back in March. It's knitted in 2 strands of Posh Yarn Eva 2 ply, using every bit of 4 skeins. The silk/cashmere blend pills, but it's also very soft and nice for a scarf and has a good drape.
Here's a link to my Ravelry project page, where you can also see the stitch pattern up close and find a link to the (free) pattern.
3) Stash-busting Socks:
Not much to say about these other than they worked brilliantly in using up every single yarn of 5 different sock yarn leftover odd balls - and a bit of a 6th. To ensure this, I unwound the skeins, folded the yarn in half to get two strands of equal length, and then rewound these two strands into two balls. And knitted. This technique is only advisable if your yarn comes in adequately tiny balls :)
Here's a link to my Ravelry project page, should you be interested in seeing which yarns I used. Most of it is left over from all the sock knitting I did for the A Year in Socks collection. There's some January, February, September, October, and November in there.
Let's see if I succeed in finishing twice as many projects in April...
ETA: The socks added 94 g = 11.75% = 12% to the Sock Yarn O-Meter!
No comments:
Post a Comment