Friday, April 23, 2010

April FO #3: Fire Monkey Socks - and a little extra FO

The 3rd FO of the month is a pair of Monkey Socks (an all-time favourite) in a gorgeously coloured yarn. It's the sock yarn Kaffe Fassett designed for Regia, and this is the colourway Landscape Fire. Alas, the colours aren't captured that well by my camera (at least not in this picture - it's better at the bottom right corner in the last photo of this post), but I'll direct you to Mooncalf's photos of the same colourway here and here. Much more true to the actual colours.



Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A. (Rav link | free Knitty pattern)
Yarn: Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett, colourway Landscape Fire, 1.5 skeins
Needles: 2.25 mm Knitpicks dpns

The socks only used 1.5 skeins, but I wanted to use up the rest of it right away. Thus this little baby hat, that doesn't count in the April WIP Wrestling because it was no WIP when April started. The last bit of yarn was sent to the scrap yarn blanket pile. 


Yarn: Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett, colourway Landscape Fire, approx. 0.4 skeins
Needles: 2.25 mm Knitpicks dpns

So - that's a total of 100 g sock yarn used, i.e. 12.5% added to the SockYarn O-Meter!

So will I reach my goal of 6 finished WIPs in April? Well, apart from this little baby hat that only took me a few hours to make, I've been veeery good and knitted on my WIPs only. So much that the remaining 3 I plan to finish only need some seaming:


The yellow thing on top (or should we call it golden, since it was my Ravelympics project that I would have finished during the Olympics, had I not gone skiing the last weekend of the Games) is Amimono's Daffodil. I've blocked it today pre-seaming (I think that's the first time I've ever done that). It needs sleeves sewn in, side and sleeve seams sewn, and 8 buttons.

The red and green thing on the left with the red zipper is Marianne Isager's Nissen. It's blocked and only needs the zipper sewn in, but I'm quite sure that should be challenging enough, especially since I have to do it by hand, not being the happy owner of a sewing machine.

The blue-ish thing you can see on the right is the Twenty Ten Cardigan. It's blocked and only needs 12 shiny red buttons sewn on before it'll be a great little cardigan - with shiny red buttons :)

That should be doable seeing as there is still a week left of April. 


1 comment:

britt said...

Sådan, Birgitte! Det går jo virkelig godt derudaf - fede ting du har gang i/næsten er færdig med.

Mht lynlåsen, så skal du ikke være ked af at du ikke har en symaskine. Min erfaring er at det kun bliver pænt, når man syr lynlåsen fast med små sting i hånden. Og husk endelig at der ikke må trækkes det mindste i det strikkede....for så buler lynlåsen. Pøj pøj - det bliver en superflot Nissen.

KH,
Britt