Sunday, December 05, 2010

Camomille & a few other FOs

First up a few of the small FOs that were the repercussions of November's Christmas fair. To use up the New Lanark Aran stash (completely), two pairs of baby booties and two (rather thick) baby vests:



Read more about the project on Ravelry if you wish :)

And properly for the season I've also knit 18(!) of these little Christmas pigs. Perfect for decorating your own home or for using as a funny and personal gift when the season is right. I came up with my own pattern, but you can find a similar one here (the Danish version is free). My Ravelry project page is here. It's cute, isn't it, hanging there in the bay tree?


The major recent FO is what may just be the perfect shawl: Amimono's Camomille from the recent knit collection. It took me a trip to Aachen and two weekends at the Christmas fair to finish it. That's two weeks ago and I've been wearing it pretty much all the time ever since. Except when I took these photos, apparently.




You can see how pretty it is in use by looking through the project pages on Ravelry. It's huge, it's soft, and it's fashionable. What more can I wish for?

Pattern: Camomille by Amimono
Yarn: Isager Alpaca 2, colourway 2105, 5.5 skeins (yes, my shawl is huge).
Needles: 4.0 mm - and 3.5 mm for the edge.

I can only recommend knitting your own asap! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

these little pigs look so cute! it's a pity I don't speak Danish. Your shawl must be really comfortable, beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

I love the combo of colours on the blue and purple sweater! The purple stripes here and there add such a nice touch to it!

Xanita said...

Nice finished projects. The shawl looks very nice :-)

Paula said...

I just might have to knit my first pig now. ;)

Lena said...

Sjalet er simpelthen så smukt - kan godt forsåt hvis det har hængt på dig lige siden (også vejret taget i betragtning:-))
Grisene er sjove garnresteprodukter.