As promised, here are the 3 projects that I worked on over Christmas:
Pattern: Big Snowy Owl (Rav link)
Yarn: Blackhill Højlandsgarn (colours Andeæg, Æggesnaps, and Åbent Hav), 3 strands together
Needles: 4.5 mm.
Mods: Smaller needles -> smaller owl. I attached the eyes and knit the nose before stuffing it so I could wash it and let the yarn bloom before stuffing.
Ravelry project page: here.
Comments: It's soft, squishy, and cute! It's going to live in the bed with the little one to take up some of the space while he's still very small compared to the bed. I think these could make great gifts as well.
Pattern: None. Inspired by the Sailor Sweater (Rav link) from Sort Lakrids and made to deplete the stash of 3 different leftovers from recent projects.
Size: Approx. 1-2 years.
Needles: 4.0 mm for edging, 4.5 mm for the rest.
Yarn: Red Cushendale Woolen Mills DK (leftovers from the Cabled Winter Dress, Gerda, and Cyklon), grey New Lanark DK (leftovers from Warriston and Cyklon), and blue ÅLJ-lookalike (leftovers from the Cabled Spiral Sweater and Kingscot). Quite a lot of projects in there!
Ravelry project page: here.
Pattern: None.
Yarn: Leftovers of ÅLJ and Cushendale Woolen Mills DK from the sailor sweater above.
Needles: 4 mm (3 mm for ribbing).
Size: Newborn-3 months. No thumbs and no strands inside (hence the 1x1 pattern) that small fingers can get caught in.
Ravelry project page: here.
Comments: Cute! A joy to knit.
6 comments:
Beautifull things You have knitted. You are so creative and a fast knitter aswell.
Uglen er skøn (det er de andre ting skam også) og vil helt sikkert være god til at tage lidt plads i sengen og til at putte med når den unge mand bliver større.
Fine ting og skøn, skøn ugle. Sådan en ville Kristine elske (må kigge i lageret....). Jeg gad godt se cyklon på (engang!), for den ser godt nok spændende ud i faconen.
Fede projekter, Birgitte!!
Og godt bag-nytår!!
I like your beautifull knits very much!!! The little sweater is lovely... and a lot of other things found in your blog as well!! I will be back;-)
Thank you, all of you! :)
Post a Comment