Monday, April 02, 2007

Bubby the Bear

I have had this 24 g worsted weight odd-ball in my stash for a very long time. I the rest of the yarn to make my first ever pair of mitts like 7 years ago. I havent got any other worsted weight yarn in my stash, so I really wanted to use up this ball that didn't fit anywhere. Enter, Bubby the Bear from knitty.com.



Here's a progress shot:

When I finished Bubby I still had a tiny amount of yarn left. I didn't want to be keeping this yarn and throwing it out is not an option in my stash-reduction - so I stuffed it into Bubby's body. The rest of the stuffing is the finest merino meant for felting (maybe you can see it in the right bottom corner of the picture). By the way, when I used up the ball, I found out that the yarn was Rauma ragg meant for heavy socks (or mitts).



And there he is! Say hello to the cute little bear - I'm still thinking about a name for him.



I don't know yet whether I'll give Bubby away as a present, or if I'll keep him here with me. Let's see about that.

Bubby reduced my stash by 24g.

Amount used since February 25th: 376g. Stash left: 6796g. Amount of new yarn, I am allowed to purchase: 150,4g. It's all adding up.

4 comments:

Anne Marie West said...

We think Bubby is lovely, but somebody must be jealous? M & F

Birgitte said...

Dear M & F (i.e., mum & dad)

Indeed! As the eldest bear in the flat, Flippe is still contemplating how to welcome this new family member... ;)

nina said...

So lovely!!! My son wants one ;)

nina said...

So lovely!!! My son wants one ;)