Not quite another Amimono knit, since it's a Rasmilla design, but it was originally inspired by Amimono's Granite so I already knew the stitch pattern and construction idea. It's Pebbles - a lovely little cardigan for small children and it comes in a wide range of sizes from 6-9 months to 6 years.
Aren't these buttons lovely? Unfortunately, I don't know anything about their origin, except that I got them from my mum's button stash...
Pattern: Pebbles by Sanne Bjerregaard / Rasmilla (Rav link), size 2 years (though mine turned out more of a size 12-18 months, methinks). Now I just need to find a child that age to put into it. Until then, it'll live in my now quite large baby knitwear stash.
Yarn: Blackhill Højlandsgarn, colourway Æggesnaps, yarn held double, approx. 185 g.
Needles: 4.5 mm and 4.0 mm for the edging.
Mods: I lengthened the body with 2-3 cm before starting the yoke. I had to decrease quite a lot more in the neck edging to get the right shape and not the largest neck opening in the world, but it turned out nicely after blocking it into shape.
Comments: The fabric that this stitch pattern creates is wonderful when knitted on these relatively large needles. The design is wonderful - all the details make it a more interesting cardigan than many other children's cardigans I know of. It looks like something bought in a very expensive store ;)
Link to my Ravelry project page: here.
2 comments:
Lovely - I also got Pebbles in my queue, I want to make it for my niece (almost 2 years) and it seems as a very nice knit :-)
cute!!!
Post a Comment