Friday, December 04, 2009
Clara III
Today's post features another FO: my absolute favourite when it comes to baby girl handknit items - and the third I've knit this year - Clara. This one is for the same little girl who got the first one I knit; her mother was brave enough to request another now that the little girl had grown out of the old one and worn it a lot. Well, here it is! I love how the mixture of a pink yarn and an orange one gives such a vibrant colour :)
Info:
Pattern: Clara by Karin Vestergaard Mathiesen
Yarn: some soft and smooth orange wool bought at Henrichsens Uldspinderi (600m/100g) and some single-ply wool bought at Lystbækgaard. The single-ply makes the vest twist a bit, but I don't mind.
Needles: 4.5 mm to make it larger that the 6-12 month sizes it's given in (CO 110 sts).
Size: Well, something like 1-2 years - I'm not that good at baby sizes, but this should be quite large for its recipient who is approx. 9 months old.
Raveled here.
I don't think I'll ever get tired of knitting this pattern. There's the stockinette part in the beginning if you need some easy knitting, and then when you reach the yoke you're almost done and the lace pattern flies off the needles... Well, almost. And the result is great! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
min favoritt også! Super som barselgave.
Post a Comment