Monday, May 04, 2009

A brief report from the office...

No matter how busy I am (and I am!), every day has room for a bit of procrastination... So I just spent a few minutes shooting photos of my new sweater with my mobile. The photos are not the best known to mankind, but I don't have time for a real photo shoot, and I thought this was better than nothing. They do actually show the colours quite accurately!


(Don't I look happy? :P)

Despite the facial expression in the last photo, I'm actually very pleased with this sweater! 

Info:

Pattern: Sommer in Tokyo by Marianne Isager (published in Japan / Japanese Knits or whatever the Interweave title is...)
Yarn: Filcolana New Zealandsk Lammeuld (the blue ones), Tvinni (pink), and another yarn from Henrichsens Uldspinderi (orange)
Needles: Addi bamboo, 2.5 mm (yup, 2.5 mm and jaquard); the pattern says 3.0 mm, but 2.5 mm matched my yarn better
Size: I made it 1 pattern repeat narrower than the smallest size in the pattern - and my gauge is slightly smaller
Yarn consumption: I didn't weigh it, but I reckon I used approx. 70 g of each of the blue yarns, approx. 60 g of the pink yarn, and approx. 20 g of the orange one.

Despite the tiny needles and the jaquard I actually really enjoyed knitting it. The start was slow, using the sleeves as swatches. But once I wanted to know how much of the pink yarn I would have left over for another project, I started knitting away on the body. I did take some time to pull myself together to weave in the ends, and then even more time until I got round to blocking it. But here it is - and it's nice! I thought it perfect for the first rainy day after a month(!) of sunshine. (And I'm now convinced that people with glasses weren't meant for biking in the rain... :P)

9 comments:

Ulla said...

Congratulation - Very beautiful.
Now I want to cast on for my version of the sweater...

juicyknits said...

Wow, that is really cute. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the biking in rain when wearing glasses!
It's a beautiful BEAUTIFUL sweater!

Btw. thanks for the roses and the wonderful company last (last) weekend ;)

Julia Zahle said...

Wow... jeg synes du er sej - sweateren er sej! Det er lykkedes dig så smukt at få farverne til at harmonere - det har du god sans for!

Eve said...

OMG that is super cute!

Lena said...

Meget, meget smuk!

britt said...

Meget, meget smuk!! Vildt flotte farver sammen og den klæder dig fantastisk. Skønt at se den smukke bluse i andre farver end i bogen!
KH,
Britt

Birgitte said...

Thank you all so much for such nice comments! :)

Karen - selv tak, det var rigtig hyggeligt! :)

Lolly said...

I am so happy to see this lovely sweater! I got the book specifically for this piece. Your version is wonderful! :D