I didn't mean to stay silent for two months. But doesn't every blogger say so once in a while?
There's a reason for me coming back to blogging just now. Yesterday I sustained a serious injury to my right thumb (don't ask - you don't want to know the macabre details) which means I almost cannot knit. Well, I can, but only something where tension isn't vital and only for short periods of time since my right hand becomes quite tense when I can't apply pressure with my thumb. Good thing I've just started reading this 900-page book... (Btw, how do people watch TV without knitting without becoming insanely restless?!)
Anyway. Two new knits from my hands. Both have been finished for at least a month.
The one on top is a cropped silk/wool cardigan that I was obsessively knitting on for a few weeks, having come up with the idea that I needed a new cropped cardigan/shrug to wear for a wedding on February 19. I made it in time. This is all you get to see of it for now - I'm still contemplating publishing a pattern for it; of for something similar.
The blue thing underneath it is my Larch cardigan (remember?). Cast on December 23, finished blocking January 25, photographed February 26, blogged March 17. Oh well.
What I first fell in love with was the two button loops and the button placement on the original mustard yellow beauty. As it turned out, a single button and a more central button placement worked better on my version. Well, there you go. I still love the button loop, though.
It's finished but to improve it just a tiny bit I think I need to take the time to crochet a tighter (fake) BO in the shoulders and the back of the neck. I'll do that as soon as I'm actually able to crochet again.
You can see more details, pattern link, etc. on my Ravelry page.
Upcoming is my Vanilla cardigan. It's a winner. I was expecting to show it to you this weekend - it's blocked (for the 2nd time - blocked prior to sewing in the sleeves, too) and all it needs is six buttons, which are just lying there ready, waiting for me to be able to use my thumb again...
*Oh, the silence... When your head is always full of your favourite artist's lyrics, there'll always be an appropriate one at hand.
4 comments:
Good luck with your thumb. I hope you recover quickly and without any permanent damage. Maybe you'll blog more while you can't knit. :)
Stakkels dig - god bedring med fingeren.
Skønne striksager du har der i bunken!!
A knitting injury! Nightmare. I hope your thumb recovers quickly.
What a beautiful cardigan! I love the color you chose.
Post a Comment