I finally got my act together to show you the FOs I've been producing. I haven't spent much time knitting as I've spent by far the most of my time at the university for the past couple of months. Nevertheless, I actually managed to finish some stuff: 1 has been done since this summer apart from some sewing, 2 were finished due to some upcoming (now passed) deadlines, and 1 was a project I just wanted to wear this winter! How's that for enticement :)
To start with the latter, here's my EZ Yoke Sweater (Ravelry link). It was published in Wool Gathering in September, but I don't have the pattern - I just looked at the small photo and chart on p. 48 of VK Fall 2008 after my mum suggested I knit it. What a good suggestion :)
Though it may not be obvious from this photo as it doesn't show the red off very well, I used 3 different red colours: a red-coral one at the bottom, a cherry red in the middle, and a pink one at the top. I also used these 3 red colours for the afterthought hems (EZ) on the sleeves and body (a different colour for each hem). Btw, it's knitted in one of my absolute favourite yarns, Rauma Finull: great quality and wearability - and so many wonderful colours!
Secondly, the famous beer cozies for the raffle at my rugby teams' Annual Dinner & Dance! (Ravelry link) They are in team colours (black, red, white) and it says our team name (Exiles) on them. I'm very pleased with the result - as was the inventor of the idea that I should knit beer cozies with straps to go round the neck on them so you can still hold onto your beer while cheering for the team, Jo. Two with straps, two without:
There you go. I think I need to squeeze in some Christmas knitting now. Ooops, it's December 1st tomorrow! I've got every single day planned with work/birthday/parties up until the 22nd of December. Let's see how it works out...
They're knitted in Arwetta sock yarn as is my next project: The scarf (Ravelry link) for Rebecca's birthday which was celebrated today:
The pattern is my own - the Letter Scarf - and the colours are carefully chosen to match Rebecca. It does of course say her name on the scarf. She was as happy with the scarf as I'd hoped for :)
Lastly, Manon (published in Norah Gaughan vol. 1) - (Ravelry link). I had expected the shape around the waist to be a bit different (hello, row gauge) but I needed a dark grey cardigan and this will do just fine. It's knitted with 2 strands of Hifa 2.
--------
Info for Stashalong:
Stash reduction: 300 g (EZ Yoke) + 106 g (beer cozies) + 100 g (scarf) + 420 g (Manon) = 926 g
7 comments:
Skønne sager :) Jeg kan især godt li' din EZ yoke sweater.
Fantastisk smuk trøje og en endnu smukkere cardigan du har produceret på trods af dine mange "lektier" :-) Og som altid særdeles flot strikket.
Hvor er det dog nogle fantastisk smukke (og sjove) ting, du der viser frem. Jeg er helt vild med dit halstørklæde og med den utrolig smukke EZ sweater!!! Hvor i alverden får du dog tiden til at strikke alle de skønne ting! ;)
Kh Karen S
Smukke, smukke ting!
Din EZ sweater er utrolig flot - den må blive et hit!
Ved du hvor man køber Rauma Finull her i DK - har ledt flere gange, men uden held...
Sikken en imponerende produktion. Jeg er vild med både EZ trøje og bogstavtørklædet.
Tusind tak, alle sammen :)
Kan tilføje at jeg gerne tager strik med til forelæsning + jeg altid strikker når jeg ser TV. Det må være hemmeligheden bag at få tid til det hele :) Og så er der jo lagt et par måneder eller tre i det, jeg har vist her - det er ikke noget, jeg lige har lavet på en uge ;)
Lena - Jeg ved desværre ikke hvor man køber Rauma Finull i DK (men ville ellers gerne vide det!); jeg har hjemsøgt Husfliden, når jeg har været i Norge - senest i Oslo denne sommer.
Gosh en omgang fantastiske smukke sager du der tryller frem!!
Letter scarf må enhver da få tårer i øjnene af at få!
KH,
Britt
Post a Comment