Friday, April 16, 2010

April FO #1: Tilia Shawl

Here comes my first FO of the month - it finished blocking yesterday, the Tilia Shawl:  


Pattern: Tilia by Laura Patterson. I bought it as a Posh Yarn kit with the lovely yarn:
Yarn: Posh Yarn Diana 2 ply (80% merino, 20% silk; 800 yds/100g); I used 76 g.
Needles: 3.75 mm Addi Lace circs
Mods: I added 4 knitted rows between the edge section and the next section as I didn't like them directly attached seing as the pattern repeats of the two sections do not match (17 sts and 12 sts). After finishing the knitting I also unraveled the CO edge (yes, that did take some time) because it was too tight, purled one row and BO on the next RS row. 

I cast on on January 5th, knit 10 rows, then left it sitting in my WIP pile for 3 months a bit exhausted by the thought of all those nupps. I then picked it up again and like some other Ravelers I discovered that the nupps weren't that bad at all - and then I finished it in approx. 2 weeks.

The colour is gorgeous! I love reds and this one is a favourite. I'm also very fond of the yarn - I feared that a cobweb/lace shawl would be too floppy, but the yarn holds up really well, probably thanks to its merino content and twist. 

See many more photos on my Ravelry project page. 

3 comments:

mooncalf said...

Another gorgeous red scarf!

Paula said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the color and everything else about it.

Birgitte said...

Thank you! :)
Yup, another red scarf... I can't really get too many, can I?