Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Recent finishes

Today I'll make 3 blog posts - this is the first one...

Recently, I've finished this: The Kaiju belt.

The pattern is in Berroco's Norah Gaughan vol. 1, but I haven't got the pattern (since I have only found it for sale in the US), so I figured it out from photos and comments on Ravelry. I made it longer so that the ends reach each other. You can read the details here as I already gave the details during WIP week. It used up 116 g of my stash - I'm especially pleased to get rid of some cotton yarn :)

Most importantly, I finished ELIZA!

Knitted from Ysolda's marvellous and very clever Elijah pattern - you can read about it here, as I also put details for Eliza during WIP week. Isn't she cute?! I'll post more on Eliza's adventures later today. 24 g of Arwetta Extra Fine Merino used for Eliza.

Today I did something I've never done before: I threw away this hideous skein of stash:


I tried to use up all my shimmering Paris mohair for a pair of legwarmers, but I couldn't use all of it. I know I'm NEVER going to use this skein since: (1) the mohair fibres are all over the place when you knit and wear this not-so-expensive kind, (2) the shimmering metal strands are pointing in all directions when knitted; I had some all-black similar Paris mohair which I mainly used for the legwarmers, where the metal was much better incorporated into the yarn, but in this colourway it isn't, (3) it's not 100% natural fibres - and (4) it's just a bit hideous, isn't it?
So that's 36 g of stash trashed.

Stash stats:
Used this time: 116 + 24 + 36 g = 176 g
Used since February 25: 4584 g

No comments: