The Rhombus Wrap. It's been done for almost a month and I've worn it once before the weather got too hot, but never got to take any photos of it. Now I've given up on the modeled shots (just for this one) and give you these.
As you may be able to see from these two photos, it's a reversible knit and to me both sides are equally nice. I like that a lot. It's a very simple 4-row stitch pattern, but it has a great effect here, methinks.
However, the best thing about it may be that I found the perfect use of this slightly variegated yarn - Laura 4ply from Posh Yarn in a delicious red colourway called Sassy. I've learnt that I'm not really fond of variegated yarns in sweater-sized knits. Semisolids are alright, but when sprinkled with another colour like this one is (a bit of golden yellow here and there), I don't like it. My Buttercup II was knit in the same yarn, and I don't really like the variegation here. So why does it suddenly work here? There are two reasons:
1) I paired it with a yarn in a solid colour (Holst Garn in Poppy)
2) The stitch pattern was like made for a bit of variegation. I think it's because it has these accentuated stitches that these golden sparks look great in there.
I think it's time for the info part:
Pattern: Rhombus Wrap from Ori Ami Knits
Yarn: 1 strand of Posh Yarn Laura 4 ply (80% merino, 20% cashmere) in Sassy (discontinued; Rav link) + 1 strand of Holst Garn in Poppy (love that colour!)
Needles: 5.0 mm
Hot or not? I think fairly hot. It's not my Cabled Spiral Pullover or Pine, but I think once the colder temperatures return it'll be great for wearing round the office!
1 comment:
Hi there
Love the wrap!
Can you tell me the yardage of each of the skeins of wool you used for the rhombus? I am debating buying the pattern, so dont have the details for yardarge. Do you think the pattern was worth the $24USD? I dont really see anything else within the e-book that I would knit.
Thanks!
Rachel
Post a Comment