The letters on the scarf says HALSTØRKLÆDE - the Danish word for scarf. I came up with the design myself, and I'm very fond of it!! My boyfriend now wants one with his name on it.
It's knitted in a double-knitting technique, which somewhat resembles the jacquard technique, apart from the fact that this double-knitted technique gives you stockinette on both sides of the fabric.
It is made from 3 kinds of stash: Lambswool from New Zealand (3 different colour), tweed-like wool from Shetland, 50/50 mohair/wool made in Italy.
This scarf reduced my stash with 132 g, so now I'm down to 6932 g.
-- The design and pattern for this scarf is the sole property of Birgitte Zeuner (c) 2007 --
So, now I've finished 5 of the 7 items I had on the needles when I started this blog - so it was time to start up a new one: A lace pattern blouse in two strands of kidmohair:
No comments:
Post a Comment