Sunday, March 11, 2007

Currently on the needles

I decided to spend some of this lovely Sunday to photograph the items, which are currently on the needles. I already posted the Elvira blouse some time ago, but here are the rest of the projects.

All the projects are knitted from stash, since I am attending the Stashalong 2007.

This is the Bubble Pullover from Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan.

I make it in two blue colours from Henrichsens Uldspinderi combined with marine kidmohair. I make most of the pullover in the petrol blue, but I'm doing 2 of the pentagons and maybe the beginning of one sleeve in cobalt blue. I've decided to swap the ssk's and the k2tog's to make the decreases a design feature, like one of the other bloggers on the Knitting Nature KAL did.

I just started the Color on Color scarf from scarf style.

I'm knitting it from 33 different kinds of stash - my mother provided me two of the colours, the rest are my own. In the book it is made from approx. 50 different colours of Paternayan Persian wool - I found the colour charts with a little help from my friend Google, and mathced the colour numbers in the book with my own stash - it's project to knit from stash. It's hard to tell how it will turn out yet, but it looks so lovely in the book, that I wanted to give it a try.

Here is the cherry belt

I made up the design with inspiration from Sonia Rykiel (oh, I'm fond of her (very expensive) clothes). It has been an UFO for some time now - I hope I'll find the power to finish it some time.

Here is the narrow, stripy scarf I'm doing from the lovelies wool/silk yarn, which I got for free, because it was some small leftover bundles, when I went to Henrichsens Uldspinderi to purchase some yarn last autumn.

I'm knitting it when I attend lectures at the university. Since I'm doing my bachelor (undergraduate) thesis this spring, I'm only attending lectures on Thursdays, and therefore the progress is a bit slow.

3 comments:

Miss Scarlett said...

I love the Colour on Colour scarf! That is incredible. The effect is stunning. Truly.
Also the Knitting from Nature design is so cool - love the colour too.
Thanks for sharing your projects with us.

LivM said...

Color on Color skjerfet ditt ser utrolig spennende ut. Skal bli morsomt å se det ferdig!

sarah / knot another hat said...

So glad I could inadvertently inspire you! :) Sorry to hear you have to frog it - better now that when you're all done, though. Good luck! :)