Thursday, November 17, 2011

FOs for two little girls

I know two little girls whose mum appreciates handknits. Luckily for me, I've become the handknit provider. This time the order said two little vest for each and the chosen yarns were grey, purple, and bordeaux. She liked the Clara vest I've previously knit for the oldest girl, so this time we agreed on three of those and a thicker striped vest for outdoor wear. I was quite happy to get to knit 3 Claras in a row since it's such a nice pattern, gives a great result - and it's not like I'll get to knit any of those for my own little one: I'm not sure he'll appreciate a girly lace pattern quite as much!


Pattern: Clara by Karin Vestergaard Mathiesen
Sizes: Approx. 1 year and approx. 3 years. I played a bit with needle size and yarn weight to get these larger sizes.
Yarns: Different kinds of my workhorse highland wool - J C Rennie and Knoll of various origins - and Isager's Alpaca 2.
Needles: 4.5 mm and 5.0 mm.
More details on my Ravelry project page.


Pattern: My own, improvised pattern with garter stitch edging and two buttons on the shoulder - pretty much the same as I use for these vests.
Sizes: Approx. 3-4 years.
Yarns: Different kinds of my workhorse highland wool - J C Rennie and Knoll of various origins - and Isager's Alpaca 2.
Needles: 7.0 mm.
More details on my Ravelry project page.

4 comments:

mooncalf said...

Those are all lovely. The pattern's great and I love the yarn and the colours you chose. And I EXTRA-love the little tags - they are so professional!

Monstermønster said...

Nydelige! Skjønne farger sammen! Og Clara er en favoritt hos meg, takk for inspirasjon til garnbruk!

GrenDesign said...

Wauwwww, Birgitte - sikke en fantastisk stribe strik du der hælder ud af ærmet i denne og foregående post.....
Jeg elsker også Clara mønstret - det er så fint....men jeg har ingen at strikke det til pt - datterbarnet er ikke så meget til hjemmestrik mere......suk.....

Camilla said...

De der clara veste er så sindssygt søde!!!! En skam opskriften kun er i små størrelser og at jeg ikke har den!!