Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Current status

I've been enjoying a peaceful Christmas and only now got round to showing you some bits and bobs. A couple of hours ago I finished these legwarmers - encouraged by having cold legs! :D


They are knit with 2 strands of Hifa 2 in a charcoal colour. Two different kinds of cables.

Then there's my Christmas present for a dear friend of mine - a hat and a pair of mittens:


Knit in Rauma Finull and obviously inspired by my EPS Yoke Sweater (see post below; I can't be bothered linking).

Before I left for Christmas holidays I finished 5 hexagons for Norah's blanket using an oddball of Jo Sharp Alpaca Silk Georgette (or whatever the name is... :)) in a burnt orange colour called Quince (to the best of my knowledge quince is yellow?). 3 different kinds to be shipped of to a lovely woman in the States who are going to sew all the hexagons of this joint project together... :


Early December I "enhanced" my stash purchasing some long-wanted Socks That Rock from a fellow Ravelrer:


... and I have very nice parents who gave me the Amimono knit-kit for Pine for my birthday :D - in a lovely grey colour with a bit of blue in it (Isager Alpaca 2, colourway 011, methinks) :


I'm doing a lot of Christmas knitting - currently on the needles are:

- Pine; by Aminomo/Helga Isager
- Sommer i Tokyo; by Marianne Isager (featured in her book Japan)
- Charade Socks in Wollmeise colourway Drachenblut
- Woodland scarf in Posh Yarn Eva 2-ply (using 2 strands) in a lovely red colour

All lovely projects in some wonderful yarns. Yum. See my projects on Ravelry

-----

Info for Stashalong:

Stash reduction: 96 g + 110 g + 44 g = 250 g

Stash enhancement: 2x128 g + 450 g = 706 g 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meget smukke ting, Birgitte! Og imponerende 2008 produktion!!!
Pine skal jeg helt sikkert også strikke - den er så smuk!
KH Britt
...tror ikke farven er no 11 - det plejer at være en lys blå i Isager universet - nok mere no 47 som er antracit-farven?

Anonymous said...

Enig med Britt, meget fine ting og en imponerende produktion. Giver du en anmeldelse af de nye amimono opskrifter, når du kommer igang med Pine?

Birgitte said...

Tusind tak, begge to.
Jeg har ikke lige banderolen til garnet med mig på juleferie, men antracit lyder rigtigt!
Jeg er indtil videre ikke stødt på fejl i Pine-opskriften, men jeg er heller ikke nået længere end til ca. midt på maven. Jeg skal nok give en anmeldelse af opskriften, når jeg er færdig :)

Anonymous said...

Hej igen,
høhøhøhøhø....har lige opdaget at alpaca wool 2 har et andet farvenummersystem end tvinni-farvekoderne (og at nogen forhandlere roder rundt i numrene). Så alpaca wool 2 farve 011 ER den samme som tvinni fv 47 = antracit (og tvinni fv 011 er lys støvet blå).
;-)))) Britt
...der helt sikkert også skal strikke Pine.