Sunday, August 14, 2011

FO: Karise shawl

Earlier this week I finished my Karise shawl, which I started during the summer holidays. It was a joy to knit and I love how the modularity made it possible to use as much of this beautiful, black and purple skein of Wollmeise as possible.


With 160 g (610 yds) of yarn I managed to make a shawl which blocked to be 150 cm wide and 78 cm deep. It's a very appropriate size - easy to wear. The yarn also blocked to a quite smooth fabric with a nice drape.


I knit the St st section the same size as given in the pattern, but then made 6 repeats of Chart A and 5 repeats of Chart B (3 of each used in the pattern). I have only 4 g of yarn left, so that's pretty much perfect. You can follow how much yarn I used for each section on my Ravelry project page.


The most interesting part I learnt from knitting this shawl, though, was the clever bind-off method used. Brilliant for lace shawl edgings! All in all, I can only recommend you knit this beautiful shawl.


Pattern: Karise (Rav link) by Karina Westermann (aka kariebookish).
Yarn: Wollmeise 100% merino superwash; colourway We're different - Sündig & verrucht. Wonderful colours!
Needles: 3.75 mm (because this was the largest I had in lace needles).
Mods: None. 6 repeats of Chart A, 5 repeats of Chart B.
My Ravelry project page: here.

Oh, and thanks to the new camera and not least DH's skills with it, we managed to capture the actual colours of this yarn!

10 comments:

Britt said...

Meget smukt - rigtig skøn farve!

by Busk said...

Super super flot.

Anonymous said...

Lækkert sjal. Så kan efteråret jo bare komme an :) Jeg har desværre aldrig selv været så heldig at få fingre i Wollmeise-garn.

Lena said...

Skønt sjal og farver!

Anne said...

Meget smukt stykke håndarbejde, Birgitte, efteråret og lysten til sjals- og tørklædestrik sniger sig ind på os.

En eller anden dag må jeg vist hellere sidde klar, når Wollmeise fylder butikken...

Ulla said...

Smukt sjal og vidunderlige farver.

Birgitte said...

Tusind tak for alle de pæne ord :)
Jeg har faktisk aldrig selv været så heldig at sidde klar, når der er Wollmeise til salg - bundtet her har jeg købt privat via Ravelry...

mooncalf said...

Beautiful! I love the way it looks in this colour and this size. This might be my favourite of all the shawl patterns I've knit.

Karen said...

uh sikke en dejlig farve! det ser helt vildt dejligt ud :)

Yarny Days said...

So beautiful! I love the color. One of my favorite!