Tuesday, November 24, 2009
In which our heroine goes to London and acquires a negative Sock Yarn O-Meter balance...
Here's my new sock yarn stash! From the left: 1 skein Colinette Jitterbug colourway Vatican Pie, 2 skeins of ShiBui Sock colourway Chinese Red, and Madelinetosh Tosh Sock one skein each of Vermillion and Thunderstorm. Three skeins (the Colinette and the Madelinetosh) fell into my basket along with a skein of Malabrigo Worsted in Ravelry Red when I visited Loop in Islington (Northern London) last Friday - a lovely little shop with gorgeous yarns! The two skeins of ShiBui were bought locally in Sommerfuglen when my mum visited the week before last. All loooovely yarns!
The only bad thing about it is the impact on Sock Yarn O-Meter II... There are 488 g of lovely sock yarn, i.e. -61% on the Sock Yarn O-Meter! Uh-oh. Even so, there is no way I could resist buying these yarns when I had the chance to feel the yarn and see the colours IRL. Do you think I love red?
As a small consolation I did in fact finishing some sock yarn using projects! (Or should we call them Sock Yarn O-Meter neutral projects these days...?). I've been knitting baby gear on commission - a friend of a friend of mine is having her first baby (a girl), and so I've been set up for knitting an haute couture collection ;) Here it is:
And all in sock yarn! Alas, it's only 136 g of sock yarn... i.e. +17% on the Sock Yarn O-Meter II. That leaves the poor O-Meter at -44%. Well well, I guess I can enjoy even more sock yarn knitting then! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
ooooppppsss, but lovely yarn. I am totally in negative after 3 days in the US
Sådan! Selvfølgelig skal du da ikke lade de überskønne garner ligge! Det overtræk henter du hurtigt hjem igen - det er jeg sikker på :-))
Fede baby-ting, du har strikket.
:-) Britt
woow haute couture til børn! heldige tøs :)
Ops indeed... but seriously, I'm not sure I could have resisted either ;)
Beautiful knits by the way!
Tusind tak, alle sammen - og nej, jeg kunne da ikke lade det lækre garn ligge dér HELT alene! (eller... sammen med alt det andet lækre garn... :P) :)
You are going to love, love, love, love the Shi Bui. Great yarn score. Enjoy it!
Post a Comment