Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sockyarn-O-Meter Progress II

- they're just rolling in those percentages, aren't they? ;)

I managed to finish my Leyburn Socks in Koigu KPPPM (colourway P40035 - pretty much more vibrant than in the photo below) which I started back in ... *off to check on Ravelry* ... January. 

I have a number of things to say about them, but as my brain is about to suffer a multivariate-data-analysis-induced breakdown, you'll get them in bullet form: 

  • This is one of the "foreign" yarns I've bought from one of my fellow Ravelers to explore some of those highly interesting sock yarns I can't buy (at a favourable price) arond here
  • It is my first pair of toe-up socks! Though I really like the toe construction (and not so much the heel although I do understand why it is clever) I really have to get used to knitting them the "wrong" way round
  • I learned a new cast-off method from my Knitter's Handbook: tubular cast-off. Brilliant for good-looking elastic bind-offs at the top of a toe-up sock! So brilliant that I don't mind it involving a tapestry needle...
  • The lattice stitch pattern is a bit tedious, but it looks nice...
I think that's it. And it earned me 94 g (I thought they were 50 g skeins?) = 9.4% on the Sockyarn-O-Meter - wooot! :)

And now that I've added percentages to the Sockyarn-O-Meter twice in one day, it's going to take quite some time before that will happen again, i.e. I am halfway through the first one of the next pair... I don't mean to reach 100% by tomorrow anyway.

-----
Info:

Pattern: Leyburn Socks
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM colourway P40035, 2 skeins (94 g, apparently)
Needles: 2.25 mm dpn
-----

A side note: the flat stinks of coriander... dear boyfriend insisted on eating it on his serving of chili con carne... the mere smell makes me feel sick - eeeeeewwww... (Just had to say it - almost can't think for the smell...). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done - super med procenter på allerede. Jeg har også lidt på vej...
:-) Britt