Tuesday, July 08, 2008

2 FOs and a prize

Having spent almost a week at my parents place, I've been very productive in finishing WIPs! I finished 2 and got much closer to finishing a third one. I will however start this post by presenting the prize that arrived in the mail while I was gone:

A couple of weeks ago Dee (of Posh Yarn) had a contest on her blog - and I won one of the prizes; wooohooo! :D It's a skein of new cobweb (1200yd/100g) alpaca yarn she's launching (it's called Marianne) - incredibly soft and nice! I'm sure it'll make a lot of Posh Yarn lovers happy! The colourway is rightfully called Leaf - it's a much denser lime/acid/leaf green that I was able to show here; gotta buy that new camera soon! 

And now for the FOs: 

I finished Otto the Polar Bear - my mom insists it's a girl and she's called Isa (as polar bear is isbjørn in Danish), so I'll hereby present to you: Isa:

Knitted in 52 g of Jo Sharp's Silkroad DK Tweed (colourway Magnolia) - a leftover from a previous project - on 4mm needles; she turned out rather large, I guess around 40 cm tall. 

My second FO is the pocket-y scarf - my own design, and a project I've been working on for some time now. I'd like to make a pattern for it; let's see if I get round to that...!  It's stripy on one side with the coloured stripes peeping out through the holes on the other side. 118 of various stash yarn (400-600m/100g). 



---------

Info for Stashalong:

Enhancement (prize): 100g
Reduction: 52g+118g = 170g

9 comments:

Nurhanne said...

Love that scarf - flot og sjovt!

Julia Zahle said...

Wow!

*beundrer.dk*

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

Uhhh, føler en smule misundelse her (er også Posh Yarn fan), men tillykke med præmien. Glæder mig til at se, hvad du laver.

Er vild med bjørnedamen og ÆLSKER tørklædet... det er for sejt!!!

KH Karen S

knitting harvest said...

I really like the scarf and the polar bear is adorable. Love to see a pattern for the scarf.

Anonymous said...

What a great scarf! It is too cute :)

KimT said...

great great job!

Birgitte said...

Oh, I want to thank all of you for leaving such nice comments - I'm so happy that you like my FOs; I'm quite fond of the scarf myself, so I'm so happy you like it too! :)

Patricia said...

Hey there, very cool scarf. I hope that you can share that pattern soon.

Birgitte said...

Thank you, Patricia. The pattern is being test-knitted at the moment, but should be ready like next week. I'll put it up for sale on Etsy, if I can make that work...