Sunday, July 13, 2008

How To Knit A Cardigan In One Day

  1. Make sure you have got hold of Twinkle's Big City Knits and some beautiful chunky yarn before you start.
  2. Sleep till 10am cos you stayed up till after 2am last night.
  3. Have breakfast, surf the internet, read the newspaper.
  4. Cast on for the Best Friend Cardigan.
  5. Knit for 3 hours while waiting for the thunderstorm to blow over. After 3 hours you will have completed the body of the cardigan including knitting the shoulders together. Try it on and get the feeling that it'll turn out magnificently.
  6. Go for a 12 km run. That'll do you good.
  7. Shower, Skype your boyfriend who's soon to return from his never-ending (16 days) business trip to Houston (TX), knit the collar onto the body of the cardigan, prepare and eat you extremely healthy dinner wishing it would all of a sudden turn into a delicious pizza!
  8. Cast on for the first sleeve while watching Robin Hood on TV - and finish it.
  9. Cast on for the second sleeve while drooling over Sean Connery in the Saturday night James Bond movie.
  10. Sew the sleeves on to the body (be brave, this is the worst step!).
  11. Weave in ends.
  12. Sew on the buttons.
  13. Try it on (and think: niiiiiice), and move one of the buttons a little. 
  14. Think: Damn, I look gorgeous in this one! 
  15. Soak it in cold water and leave it drying on a towel on the bathroom floor overnight (optional).
There you go! And I tell you this one is a good one! Unfortunately, it is now way too dark for photos; I'll post some tomorrow or Monday - you have to see this one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wauw - det er da et tempo, der vil noget!
Glæder mig til at se fotos.
:-) Britt

Julia Zahle said...

Så vil jeg glæde mig til billederne.

12 km! wow!

juicyknits said...

That's so funny! I can't wait to start one of Twinkle knits - I have the book and ordered some Cascade Magnum through Wollbox. I love your Hoodie - I've been eyeing that on Ravelry and think this is one of the nicest Twinkle Hoodies I've seen. And I'm anxious to see the pics of this one.

Birgitte said...

Britt - jeps, det går stærkt på pind 15mm! ;D

Julia - ja, jeg er meget glad for at løbe :)

Og så er der billeder! :D

Juicyknits - that IS funny; and Cascade Magnum is a great yarn if you ask me. I've now got some if Twinkle's Soft Chunky as well, and I think Cascade Magnum is just as good. I'll be looking forward to seeing your Twinkle knit - I'm so fond of those designs!

Photos are up! :D