Earlier this year I bought a load of cotton yarns at Kemps for almost no money. With the knowledge of the wee one arriving in January, it was time to knit it up. I bought only one skein of most of the colours, so I trawled through Ravelry to find a patterns which would match the yarn weights and would work with stripes. I found two: Liselotte's Latte Baby Sweater and Carina Spencer's Gift Wrap Romper & Sweater. The former worked well for the Patons Eco Cotton and the latter for Patons Linen Touch. I knit two garments from each pattern and managed to use up exactly all of 9 skeins of yarn!
Pattern: Latte Baby Sweater by Liselotte Weller
Sizes: I modified the pattern to get two different sizes - you can read more on the two sweaters' Ravelry pages: size 0-3 months and size ~6 months.
Yarn: Patons Eco Cotton. For the larger one I used a light blue (Clear) for the edging and Khaki and Primrose (more cream than primrose) for the stripes. For the smaller one I used Ruby and Clear for the stripes - I started knitting this sweater on election night, so the colour choices were appropriate - and used the leftovers from the first sweater for the edging. I ran out of yarn at the end so the neck opening was wider than I wanted. I fixed it with a ribbed collar in some Rowan Purelife Organic Cotton 4-ply. Looks fine to me.
Mods: Many. Read more on the Ravelry project pages (linked above).
I really like these two sweaters. See more photos on their Ravelry pages (linked above).

Pattern: Gift Wrap Romper & Sweater by Carina Spencer.
Sizes: The romper is size 3 months, the sweater size 9 months. Looks to me like they run a bit small, but that's fine.
Yarn: Patons Linen Touch for the stripes (colours Primrose and Lilac for the romper, Aqua and Coral for the sweater) and Rowan Purelife Organic Cotton DK (colourway Logwood) for the edging. I used one skein of each (i.e. one skein in total for the edging on both sweaters) - and maybe a few yards extra of the yellow one.
Mods: I think I added a bit to the length on the body of the romper due to my row gauge being different, but other than that I didn't make any.
Links to the Ravelry pages: The romper | The sweater.
I like the final results. I'd like to make the romper in a woolen, long-sleeved version, but let's see if I get round to it.

1 comment:
En hel lille bunke babytøj, du de har fået lavet - med rigtigt fine striber.
Du får et vinterbarn og hvis du overvejer slynge/vikle, så vil jeg anbefale dig at strikke futter/sokker og benvarmere til baby. I vikle har baby sjældent brug for mere end sin body - og så noget varmt til benene, der stikker ud.
Og små varme luffer og hue til luren udenfor..
Herligt mange småprojekter, hvor du kan bruge dit blødeste luksus strømpegarn :-)
Post a Comment