Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snowbird

As hinted in my last post, my Snowbird is done. It's a very versatile cardigan, the yarn is veeery soft and nice, and so is the antracite colour. You should knit yourself one if it's your style! :) If you have the patience for all that stockinette, that is.

Pattern: Snowbird by Heidi Kirrmaier. I knit size S. The result looks great and there are some nice details such as the St st sleeve, side, and raglan 'seams' on the rev St st background. The same goes for the pockets.
Yarn: Rowan Kid Classic, colourway Smoke (831), 8 skeins minus 1 m! I never thought I'd be that fond of a yarn that contains nylon and mohair, but it's a really really nice yarn!
Needles: 4.5 mm Addi Bamboo
Mods: I made it a bit shorter (approx. 3 inches) because I was running out of yarn...
My Ravelry project page: is here. Also the place to go if you want to see these (alas rather poor) photos in a larger version.

6 comments:

Ulla said...

Beautiful and it looks comfy too.

Helle Nielsen said...

Hmmm, opskiften ligger klar derhjemme. Og jeg havde LOVET mig selv at blive færdig med to andre ting først. Men damn hvor får jeg lyst til at strikke den LIGE nu når jeg ser din fine snowbird...
Ha´ en god dag
Hilsen Helle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful (as always)... looks very comfortable and warm and cuddly too... just what you need in this unusually wintry winter! ;)

Paula said...

That looks like a workhorse of a sweater that will serve you for many years. And it is a great fit for you, too!

britt said...

Den er suuuperfin! Oh jeg er helt enig: Kid Classic er virkelig dejligt garn!!

Birgitte said...

Thank you all for all the nice words :)