Thursday, June 21, 2007

And here is the finished vest

This very strange photo setup is due to a couple of facts: 1) no one at home to take the photos for me until Friday, so I have to take them myself with help from the mirror; 2) the strange green colour in two of the photos is due to the fact that it's almost 2AM here and all dark outside - the strange colour comes from not using the flash. The bright turquoise colour is the right one!

I think I'll be fond of this vest when colder times comes so I can actually wear it.

Stats: My own design, but using the honeycomb stitch pattern of Honeycomb Henley in Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature.
2 strands of DROPS Alpaca (garnstudio.com) on needles 4.5-5 mm.

282 g of stash used.

This leads to a stash reduction of 1332 g since February 25.

This is good since I had to order 1 more 25 g skein of kidmohair to finish the now almost finished Bubble Pullover. While ordering at garn.dk I thought I might as well order some silk to pair with some of my stash in order to use some of that up. Thus, I have ordered 225 g of yarn, and since I was allowed to order 533 g, I now have an amount of 308 g left.

I really hope that I will get this kidmohair in time to finish the Bubble Pullover for the Stashalong June KAL in KAL so I can earn a free day - I would like to be able to (but not necessarily do) use it on my summer holiday as mentioned below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the vest, its really cute. I wanted to make myself a vest but never found an interesting stitch pattern to do it with but it looks as though you did!

Birgitte said...

Thank you!

Yes, I can recommend this stitch pattern - the texture of the knitting is really suitable for a vest, I think - thick and stretchy.

Terri Lynn said...

Oooo, I love it! I love even more that you came up with the design, the scoop neck is so nice! I bet a vest would be gorgeous as you suggest, too!