Saturday, March 17, 2007

A nice stash project

I just thought I'd show you my favourite gloves, although I finished them one or two years ago and have been using them ever since (hence the reparation on the thumb), because they are an obvious stashproject (especially for you who have a lot of sock yarn leftovers, but do not want any more stripy socks):



I did this: collected all my stash of the sock-yarn-type, split it up in two halves so that there were equal amounts of each colour for each glove - this makes them a pair although they are actually very different (just like the Camper Twins shoes, you know ;)). I also made sure that the beginning and the tips had the same (purple-brown) colour - also to make these gloves a pair.

These are my favourite gloves, and now I have shared the idea with you, so that you can make yourself a pair too. :)

They are a happy knit - the random stripes make all the fingers a little less tedious to make! :)

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Those stripey gloves are really cute. I have never knitted socks, but I can see that the gloves would use up a lot of those left over yarns!

Could you please tell me how to put progress bars on my blog?

Your fellow stashalong-er
ellebee57 athotmail dotcom
www.2hot2knit.blogspot.com

Birgitte said...

Thank you :)

I borrowed the progress bars from http://knithole.blogspot.com/ (I wrote that further down, but in Danish), but now that I have them on my blog, you can get them from there.

I'm thinking that there must be some user-friendly way to do it, but I've done it the geeky way by right-clickling on the sidebar and choosing "View source". Then you recieve the entire HTML-code of the website - then you find the site in question (e.g. by choosing "Find" in "Edit" and look "Currently on the needles" up). Then you copy this part into your own template at the right place (the sidebar). Well, I think you can access the template only if you have an older version of your blog...

Well, this explanation is really lousy... it's actually learning-by-doing, and not that hard if you have a little flair for computers. Otherwise you will have to ask those who know how to do it the smart way. Perhaps you could ask http://knithole.blogspot.com/ (where I got the bars...)

Best regards, Birgitte

LivM said...

Kjempestilige hansker i herlige farger!