As you may be able to see from the photos I linked to, this is a jaquard sweater with shaping! That's new to me! In fact, I think I have only seen very boxy jacquard sweaters up until now. Wanting to improve my jacquard knitting skills and wanting to learn how to put waist shaping and slimfitting sleeves into a jacquard sweater, I seized the opportunity to knit this sweater - although I'm not too fond of cats (the pattern is loads of little cats). Still, some people at Ravelry think they are Transformers, not cats... :) So far, I think I'm going to like this sweater.
I dug into my stash to find some yarn for this one. The black background colour is 2 strands of Tvinni (or, the similar yarn, but with a different label from the same spinning mill). The cats are knitted in 2 strands of single-ply yarn from Lystbækgaard - a farm close to where my parents have their summer cottage. Most of the cats will be in the heather colourway, but I will make some stripes of cats here and there which are in the pink colourway, as you can see from the photo.
This gives me a somewhat larger gauge, hence, I'm knitting the smallest size instead of the second-smallest one. I'm knitting on needle size 3.5 mm.
Still a long way to go, but hopefully I'll be good at jacquard knitting when I finish. It looks all right by now. - And, I'll have a waaarm sweater - mmmm :)
No comments:
Post a Comment