Wednesday, November 14, 2007

WIP week - Wednesday


Now, who is this strange little creature with a trunk and a leg, but no other legs/arms, eyes, or ears? It is of course: Eliza the Elephant to-be.
I'm knitting Ysolda's amazingly cute Elijah elephant, but since mine is red (her version is blue), mine must be Eliza, not Elijah.
I'm knitting her on needles size 2.5mm in Arwetta extra fine merino, which is very soft - and washable. She is stuffed with ordinary polyester filling. This yarn and gauge make Eliza smaller than Elijah, but that really doesn't matter.
It's a funny knit - knitting all these small pieces and seeing her grow. I must say the instructions are trememdous - there is no doubt where or how to attach all the different body parts. This way it should be fairly easy to get an outcome just as cute as the original.
Ysolda states that Elijah/Eliza will make a good baby toy since his/her trunk is easy to grab - I think she is right.
If you want to try out toy knitting I'll recommend Elijah! I have knitted a toy from knitty.com - Bubby the Bear - but this one is so much easier because the instructions are so clear, and the construction is rather clever.
By the way, my boyfriend almost got a depression watching the parliament election yesterday. I was thinking of knitting another RED elephant so he could have something to comfort him - and name her Helle. Just kidding ;)
(Remember, Eliza is not a fat elephant - rather, she's a cute elephant ;))

2 comments:

mathilde said...

sikke en sød elefant, den har jeg også kikket lidt på. det samme med trøjen fra igår

Birgitte said...

Ja, de er fine designs begge to. Især elefanten er så sød og nem, at man næsten ikke kan lade være :)