I have just frogged the beginning of my Amimono 80's sweater. For some time now, I've been feeling that I was not completely in love with it and suddenly came the reason for actually doing something about it: I wanted to use the yarn for a brand new cardigan pattern which looks very promising indeed: Larch [Rav link only]! You might like it, too?
I went to my LYS two days ago hoping to find a matching Spinni (Isager Wool 1) teal colour, but no such luck. Instead, I found the perfect match in a skein of Grignasco MerinoSilk - weightwise it's perfect and it makes for a nice, soft, and slightly shiny look. So far it seems perfect! With 50% wool in the Alpaca 2 and 75% merino in the MerinoSilk it should be fairly durable but I do expect some pilling to go along with the incredible softness. I've decided not to worry, though. A bit of a halo might actually be a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment