I just cleaned up my Ravelry queue. From 17 pages to 12. I do this from time to time, more or less rigorously, and it always feels great. Ahh. It's also nice to rediscover all those projects I forgot about - and to sometimes think 'what was I thinking?'.
How do you use your Ravelry queue (if you have one)?
Like me, for all projects that you may potentially knit at some point in your life and therefore want to save?
For projects you are actually going to knit within the near future?
Or?
I use tags to be able to search for specific kinds of knits - e.g. if I want to knit a cardigan, I can look at queued cardigan/sweater projects only - and I use the top of the first page to list projects I actually want to knit soon.
7 comments:
Jeg har ikke nogen særlig lang kø, kun omkring 3 sider. Jeg skal have lyst til at strikke tingene i køen inden for ikke alt for lang tid, før de kommer med... at de så står der i mange år er en anden ting. Måske er det tid til lidt forårsrengøring der også?
That's what I do from time to time as well. It's very much needed. I do not always use the top of my queue as something that I want to knit next, but I try to.
I love the way *most* people clear out a cupboard to de-clutter, but we knitters have to de-clutter our Rav queues! I've now given up on mine. It's a record of hopes and dreams....
I also periodically clear out my queue. I use my queue for things I'm planning to knit in the future (even though it may be 6 years or so) and favorite patterns that I like, but won't necessarily knit.
My queue is where all the things I can see myself wearing go. If I love it but can't envisage it on me, it goes in my favourites instead. It works for me. And sometimes I go through my queue and delete things because I don't like them after all. Rather that than realising you don't like something after you've knit it!
Høhøhøhøhø....Rav køen må være de projekter man på det tidspunkt forestillede sig, man skulle strikke (for mig typisk projekter, hvor garnet er i hus.....høhø) - men så er det man nogle gange skifter mening - og rydder op i sin kø.
Det er projekter jeg vildt gerne vil strikke. Ved dog godt inderst inde at jeg aldrig får strikket dem alle. Og ja nogle gange bliver der rydet op i listen, for det må til.
Post a Comment