Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A few more new projects

I thought I'd told you about all my new sweater projects last week, but a few more have been added to the list.


I finally had an excuse to get the Jade pattern (Rav link) from Amimono on my hands (buying Isager yarn for a birthday present) and here is my version a bit more than halfway up the back (I knit all this yesterday - thanks, pre-birth maternity leave!).


For some time, I've been wanting to knit a large sweater in this very orangy-red chunky merino from Garnudsalg.dk. I started the sleeve of a rev St st sweater just before Christmas, but it was no real success and I frogged it. Incidentally, I encountered Gudrun Johnston's new sweater pattern Cara (Rav link) on her blog this morning and it was just what I've been looking for - especially since this yarn is a perfect substitute for the (much more expensive) Quince & Co. Osprey. I know I'll be making one modification, though: St st sleeves. At a tension of 14 sts to 4" this is a speedy project - I finished two thirds of the ribbing in one hour watching two episodes of my favourite TV programme just now.

You can follow my progress and notes on all these projects on my Ravelry page.

5 comments:

Uldbegavet said...

Wow skønne farver, din jade bliver da superflot.

GrenDesign said...

Feeeeed Jade!! Meget flottere end de originale, støvede farver.

Karie B. said...

Tak for lænket til DR2. Tænk, jeg spiste aftensmad og hyggede mig helt vildt til TV TV TV. Jeg vidste slet ikke at jeg kunne se dansk TV på nettet!

Nanna said...

Jeg glæder mig til at se din Jade - jeg har selv lige strikket den og er super, super glad for den! (selv i de originale, støvede farver ;-))

Karen said...

Så produktiv, det er godt nok nogle dejlige farver! Får helt lyst til at vove mig uden for min comfort zone..men men men hvad skal jeg gøre uden grå og gul? GISP! :) Go weekend!