Tuesday, March 16, 2010

UFO/WIP Wrestling

Time has come to wrestle some of them WIPs (or even UFOs) to stop them take up all the space in my knitting basket and become a mental obstacle in my knitting. I've started out with the one that has been around the longest time... since August 23rd 2008 to be exact (thank you, Ravelry, for letting me know!):


It's Woodland knitted in two strands of Posh Yarn Eva 2 ply (a lace yarn, 55% silk, 45% cashmere). Another reason for picking this up is that I want to wear it this spring!
I have to say it is not the first time I've picked this up to knit on it in a WIP wrestling context (and failed), but I think I'll do it this time. Why? I've strategically placed it in the middle of the sofa so that I can knit a few rows every now and then.
So why has it taken me so long? Well, it's a scarf and thus inherently boring to knit. Not that all scarves are boring (!), but this one has a fairly short pattern repeat, and though very easily remembered you still have to pay attention so it's not ideal TV knitting either (but will do for some of the more mindless TV...).
Right - onwards and upwards! I'm approx. 70% through (this is an old photo)! And I'm sure there are more WIPs in my basket that would like some work done.

3 comments:

Britt said...

Hep hep! Fed farve og yummi garn - den MÅ du da slynge om halsen snart!

Paula said...

Good idea to leave it out and chip away at it, just a little bit every day.

Patricia said...

Yummy color and a nice pattern to showcase the yarn. Posh seems hard to come by.