Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Knitting needles and notions


Here's my bag of knitting needles and notions. It's not particularly pretty, but it's quite practical. It's the one that comes with the large set of interchangeable wooden needles from KnitPro (I originally bought mine here). On top of the original set, I've bought extra wires and more of the smaller needle sizes (3.0 mm, 3.25 mm, and 3.75 mm). And I've bought extra of sizes 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm after having sat upon them... They didn't particularly like that, so now I have three needles in each of those two sizes. Most of you will know the KnitPro Symfonie interchangeable needles already, but if you don't, they look like this:


The bag holds more than the KnitPro needles, though. I use the KnitPros for most projects, but for the smaller needle sizes, I have my old collection of Addi circulars (sizes 2.5 mm, 3.0 mm, 3.25 mm, 3.5 mm, and 3.75 mm). They come in all kinds: Turbo, Lace, and Bamboo. Back in the days I preferred the bamboo ones, but now I'm more keen on the Turbos. The eagle-eyed reader will see that these old bags not only contain Addi circulars, but also my new favourites when it comes to smaller size circulars: The KnitPro Karbonz! These carbon needles are a true pleasure to knit with.Try them if you haven't already!


Also in the bag are my knitting notions: A tape measure (I wonder how long this one will last, since I know a little one who loves to measure 'måle - måle'), two needles of which I actually only use the non-pointy one, an almost antique device for measuring needle sizes (it has UK sizes on the back), and Lego stitch markers from Succaplokki. I rarely use stitch markers, but when I do I enjoy having these pretty ones.


I haven't shown you the box of old knitting needles. Although rarely used, there are some gems in there, so maybe I should!

Do you have a knitting needle/notions bag and what's in it?

1 comment:

Lena said...

Cool! Jeg har nøjagtig den samme pindemåler (og kun den) - arvet fra min strikkende mormor. Jeg arvede også alle hendes strikkepinde - de lige har jeg endnu omend jeg næsten aldrig bruger dem. De fleste rundpinde har fundet bedre hjem. Der er trods alt sket noget med udviklingen siden... Måske man skulle prøve KnitPros karbonz