Wednesday, March 26, 2014
FO: Colourwork Sweater
Recently, I discovered a new yarn: Tusindfryds Hverdagsuld - more on that in another post. Inspired by the well-coordinated colours, I wanted to knit a colourwork sweater.
I couldn't find a pattern that I liked (enough), so I made my own instead. When it comes to colourwork I much prefer stretches that are no more than three stitches wide for two reasons: 1) It's much easier to knit and 2) little fingers don't get stuck in the loops on the back of the work. With this - and two contrast colours - as a starting point, I ended up with this colourwork pattern. The shape is a simple slim fit raglan with a short row neckline.
The main colour is a bluish grey, and the contrast colours are a slightly cold lemon yellow and a navy blue. I like this combination.
The sweater is an intentionally slim fit size 3-4 years - I expect we will use it next winter (and if we're lucky also the following one). You can read a few more details on my Ravelry project page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great sweater - have you considered writing up the pattern?
Love the giraffe too
Post a Comment