Thursday, March 06, 2014

Easy Peasy Sweater


Recently, I've become rather fond of the pattern from Norwegian designers/yarn brand/yarn shop Pickles. They make simple patterns both for adults and children. I've already knit a few of their patterns in my size (more to come about that, but the Mellow Sweater and the Fall Coat were the first and they are both brilliant designs and fashionable garments. I particularly like designer who aim at designing garments which will fit into a fashionable wardrobe, and Pickles completely fulfill this.

Some of their designs for children are a bit more crude, or - they have varied a bit over time, but there are some really nice ones among the more recent designs, especially for girls. This is one of the unisex patterns (in fact, there is a girls' version and a boys' version and I knit the girls' version for my boy...), the Easy Peasy Sweater (Rav link). The pattern is nice and simple and the result is classic.

On top of the yarn I had chosen for this sweater at the beginning of the Ravellenics, I had to dig out some more odds and ends from my stash in order to have enough for the sweater. Hence the stripes. More details on my Ravelry project page.

No comments: