I love the Olympics. Possibly the Winter Olympics even more than the
Summer Olympics. This time it was accompanied by a lot of debate
regarding human rights - or rather the lack of these - in Russia, but
even that cannot take away my fascination of the athletes and their
performances. I followed all the cross-country skiing and the biathlon
closely, and watched a bit of snowboard on the side. By now, it's a
tradition that the Olympics are accompanied by the (now) so-called
Ravellenics on Ravelry, i.e. an event where knitters challenge
themselves in one or more knitting projects, starting at the opening
ceremony of the actual Olympics and finishing when the flame is put out (this time Feb 7-23).
I've taken part several times and this time was no exception.
Rather
than challenging myself with one big project, I went trough my stash to
pick out oddballs, leftover yarn from other projects, etc. that I
wanted used up. I try to do this fairly often - going through my stash
to pick out yarn that I only have small quantities of - because it
brings my pleasure to tidy up my stash like this. This time, I ended up
with this:
I then went on to plan which projects. Starting from the top, going around clockwise, I aimed to make: A baby hat (red and blue yarn), one or two (baby) hats (navy yarn), another hat for the little one (brown, blue, and grey yarn), a baby vest and a hat - or two baby vests (red/pink/orange yarn), a sweater for the little one (dark grey yarn), a vest and a baby hat (medium grey yarn).
Oh, well.
Over the next week I'll show you the garments I ended up turning all this yarn into...!

3 comments:
Spennende å se hva du får ut av dette… Happy Knitting!
Jeg glæder mig til at se hvad du har strikket! Måske skulle man gøre mere ud af de små rester man har - jeg har en tendens til at give dem væk til SFO/børnhaven...
Dette blir spennende!
Post a Comment