Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Colourblock or stripes?
I had less than 50 m of three different colours of yarn of similar weight (two of them are Cascade 220). At first I thought to make a stripy hat, but since I wanted to use up every single yard of each colour (and needed to in order to have enough yarn for a hat), stripes would be complicated by the fact that I had different amounts of each yarn. Indeed, I started on I stripy hat and knit almost half of it before deciding that the result would be too odd to be pretty. Just before falling asleep that night after frogging the first version, I came up with the idea of making a colourblock hat instead. And here it is - perfect! Now I just need to remember that for next time I have three different colours in non-matching amounts...
There is no pattern for this one - it's just a brown 2x2 ribbing, then round and round and round until the five crown decreases, changing from blue to grey when I ran out of blue. And then a brown pom pom on the top.
You can find my Rav project page here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Det var smart! Og lua ble kjempefin :)
Post a Comment