Sunday, September 05, 2010

Sweater WIP Week - Sunday: Kingscot

IMGP0408

The last one of my sweater WIPs is a hibernating fellow: Kingscot [Rav link] by Norah Gaughan.

I have no real explanation as to why this has only become the two sleeves you see in the photo even though I started it more than a year ago in August 2009... The yarn is gorgeous (ÅLJ), and I think the finished model will be brilliant. All I can say is that other projects got in the way before I reached the fun part.

Let's see when something more happens with this one... It's Ravelry project page is here.

----

Now, that's the end of my Sweater WIP Week - I told you there were seven of them! ;) Other than that, I have only two WIPs: the stash busting blanket that isn't meant to be finished anytime soon and the Haruni shawl. Looking at my Ravelry page, you'll notice another WIP in there - a secret project that is actually finished, but I will not change its status to finished until I can reveal it as an FO.

I've tried to put words on my expectations for each of the WIPs along the way. If I were to put a deadline on these seven projects, it would be December 31st 2010. I'm taking part in the IntSweMoDo (International knit/crochet a Sweater a Month Dodecathon), and it was part of my New Year's resolutions to finish 12 sweaters in 12 months. So far I've only finished five, so if I finish these seven, I'll have reached that goal! Last year I 'only' managed to finish 11. I guess my next project should be to figure out where to make space for all these sweaters... Fortunately, I don't mind passing old hand-knit sweaters on to charity shops if they don't get any wear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hold da op en perlerække af lækre igangværende projekter! Jeg ville være vægelsindet hvis jeg skulle vælge mellem dem. Glæder mig til at se nogle eller alle færdige i år ;)
Kh Karen