Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Knitting on the road...

Photo taken on the train somewhere between Düsseldorf and Aachen, where I travelled this morning to get to a summer school at RWTH on biocatalysis in non-conventional media.  

The knitting is the Camomille shawl from the new Amimono booklet.

Aachen is a pretty enough city town, but having been up at 5 AM - early enough to spot the world's largest passenger plane in Copenhagen Airport just before take-off - and having summer school classes all afternoon, I'm now pretty tired and will let Aachen be Aachen until tomorrow.

And what would one do without hotel room WiFi? ;)

Last, but definitely not least, thanks for all the kind words on my last post! They make me feel even happier about my achievement - so much I've now almost forgot I felt like dying the last km :)

2 comments:

mooncalf said...

Aachen!!! I've never been there but the town where I grew up (Halifax, England) is twinned with Aachen.

Birgitte said...

It's a beautiful town once you get to the old city centre (just been on a guided tour today) - I'm sure I wouldn't mind going here again for something non-work-related.
And I think it's a good thing when the part of RWTH campus I've been to makes my own campus shine, isn't it? ;)