Friday, December 28, 2012
FO: Vestosaurus
I bought the Vestosaurus pattern ages ago because it's such a dear little design. At the time I didn't put much thought into the mismatch between small fingers and very long stretches of one colour in the dinosaur pattern. The pattern itself is nice and well-written, but for some reason it didn't fulfill my (quite high) expectations. I think it's a matter of choosing the wrong background colour and not really putting my heart into knitting it. Anyway, here it is - it keeps the little one warm and he looks cute in it. As you can see right away, I didn't continue the dinosaur pattern throughout the vest as written in the pattern; I got tired of the long stretches and twisting the yarns on the halfway was too visible in this heavy yarn.
Pattern: Vestosaurus by Signe S. Simonsen, size 1 year.
Yarn: Blackhill Highland Wool from Garnudsalg.dk, Indigo and Blommetomat, and Holst Garn Supersoft, Poppy. 82 g in total.
More details on my Ravelry project page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
jeg giver dig helt ret i dine betragtninger.....har selv været igang med mønstret til mine børnebørn,men gav op af samme grunde,som du nævner.
That's a really cute project! I actually like it better with only two stripes of dinosaurs.
Post a Comment