Sunday, December 30, 2012

FO: No. 23, my Christmas Sweater






While there is still hope that I will finish one more knit this year, this is surely the last one to be presented on the blog before it's 2013. I don't usually knit a Christmas Sweater, but this year I did. 

I first noticed this sweater when I met its designer, Helga Isager, wearing it at the launch of her recent book, Finstickat. The sweater pattern is published in a different book, the Danish pattern booklet No. 21, No. 22, No. 23... containing 9 different patterns designed by 9 designers connected to the Isager company. In the book it doesn't look too interesting, but in real life I liked it a lot.

It is knit in one strand of Isager Viscolin (50% linen, 50% viscose/rayon) and one strand of Silk Mohair (I used Rowan's Kidsilk Haze since that was already in my stash), giving it a wonderful drape and an oh-so-soft fabric. The Viscolin is a clear red, the kidmohair a coral-y pink. This mix provides for an interesting, lively colour. As you can tell, I'm rather pleased with it! The design is easy to wear and just my style. So much that I wished for (and got! yay!) yarn to make another one in my new favourite Isager colour, the anthracite grey 47. I think I'll make it 2-3 cm longer but otherwise stick to the pattern. I just need to finish off a few other knits first.



Pattern: No. 23 by Helga Isager (Rav link), published in No. 21, no. 22, no. 23..., size S/M.
Yarn: Isager Viscolin, colour 32 (red) + Rowan Kidsilk Haze, colour 650 Killer Red, approx. 3-3.5 skeins of each.
Mods: Only a few minor ones: I knit the garter stitch hem back and forth (why not), and attached the neck edging while binding off rather than sewing it on afterwards. Otherwise I followed the pattern completely.
My Ravelry project page is here.
Verdict? I love it!

2 comments:

Ulla said...

Absolut en julebluse, der ikke er i kategorien kitch. Skøn farve.

Lena said...

Smuk julebluse - den klæder dig godt:-) No. 23 gør sig bedre i andre farver end min hvide synes jeg... Fine veste du har lavet til arvingen. Måske man skulle kigge lidt mere på 'Knit for your kid'.