Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

(Sorry about the photoless post - I promise there'll be loads of links instead!)

On the last day of 2012, I want to wish you all a happy 2013! Thank you for reading; I treasure each and every comment you leave here.

Currently, my Google Reader has 105 unread items, so I don't really know what's going on out there at the moment, but I'm guessing that I'm not the only one spending a blog post on looking back at 2012 and into 2013. Anyway, here we go!

Which were the best knits of 2012?

Starting with knits my size, the Raven Dress, the Swallow Cardigan, the Parrot Shawl, my Sarah Lund sweater, and finally my Christmas Sweater No. 23 are the most successful and most used knits. All but the one I designed myself by the same designer? Not a coincidence. If you're growing tired of seeing Helga Isager knits only and listening to me wax poetic about her designs, this is probably not the place to be in 2013.

On January 20, the little one said hello to the world for the first time. It's been a wonderful year, and many baby knits have been produced. Here success is measured in terms of times a garment has been/will be worn, and in that way the Brick Pants, the Lark vest, the two pairs of winter trousers, the two Pebble vests, the moss stitch sweater, the pixie hats, and the cabled vest are all winners. You may have guessed that the little one wears a lot of wool.

And the worst? 

Hmm, there are a few, but I think the Fuse cardigan has been the greatest disappointment since my expectations were quite high, I wanted to use the yarn for something good, but it's actually quite hard to wear and maybe a bit too short, meaning that I actually only wore it once or twice.

So, what will I be knitting in 2013?

As always, I have many plans, but my knitting time will be limited, so I'm quite sure they won't all be realized. Anyway, I love making plans!

For myself, I'd like to knit:
Another No. 23 sweater by Helga Isager in anthracite grey
Starling sweater by Helga Isager
Daffodil cardigan by Helga Isager
Leise cardigan by Lene Holme Samsøe (from the new book Suveræn Strik)
An unnamed sweater from Marianne Isager's new Strik a la carte II (the one used in the calculation example for a raglan sweater)

On the 'maybe'-list are:
Wetwang sweater by Ann Kingstone
Dresden vest by Kirsten Johnstone
Rosa sweater by Lene Holme Samsøe
Praline cardigan by Gudrun Johnston

I also have some WIPs I need to find the will to frog...

For the little one, I need to create the winter wardrobe for the winter of 2013/2014. This will include:
At least 3-4 vests (I still need to figure out which designs)
A number of sweaters and cardigans, possibly including:
Islænder by Susie Haumann
Trøje med striber by Susie Haumann
September cardigan by Line of Rare Rusk
A thin sweater of unknown pattern
Garland sweater by Pickles
A self-designed reindeer sweater
A hunter's sweater similar to his father's
- some of these will be postponed and knit in a larger size...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold da op, mange fine ting, du har fået strikket! Og så synes jeg, det er så fint med en "efterårs-/vinterkollektion" til babyen, det tror jeg også, jeg vil lave til min dreng.
Jeg glæder mig til at følge med herinde, det er altid meget inspirerende (og imponerende med alt det, du får strikket).
Godt nytår!

Ulla said...

Godt Nytår
Imponerende liste, du har jo strikket dig igennem halvdelen af The Bird Collection.

GrenDesign said...

Godt nytår, Birgitte!
Og jeg løber i hvert fald ingen steder - er helt som du begejstret for HI design - når dog ikke din produktion til sokkeholderne - wauw!
Og skønne, skønne sager du har fået lavet i dine seneste posts.

Ulla said...

p.s. Parrot shawl er designet af Marianne Isager ;-)

Birgitte said...

Tusind tak :)

@Ulla - virkelig? Det har jeg slet ikke bemærket... Men fint er det jo :)

Ulla said...

Det er stadig fint ;-) Designeren står med meget lille skrift nedenunder modellens navn i opskriften.