Recently, I set my mind up to use up some of all the sock yarn leftovers in order to make it easier for myself to see what interesting sock yarn stash I actually have. So far, it's resulted in a white-grey-black pair of socks for myself and a very colourful pair of self-composed baby boots for an unknown recipient (at my age, you can never have too much baby knitting in stock - people seem to pop out babies all the time :)).
Socks: Arwetta Classic in black and dark grey and Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in Shadow (the latter is leftovers from the January Sock). Ravelry project page here. 72 g for Sock Yarn-O-Meter.
Baby Boots: ShiBuiKnits Sock in Jewel, Socks That Rock Lightweight in Firebird, and J. Knits Superwash Me - Sock in Tampa, i.e. leftovers from the May Socks, the June Socks, and the March Socks. Ravelry project page here. 20 g for Sock Yarn-O-Meter.
I've also been using some of the sock yarn scraps for this scrap yarn blanket:
It's a long term project and I'm only approx. 40% through; so far I've knit 64 squares in 47 different yarns. It's very nice to knit, and it's a project I pull out when I've collected enough odds and ends from other projects to knit a few squares. As you can (hopefully) see, I try to keep some kind of order as to where I put the colours. You can follow the blanket on it's Ravelry project page. The sock yarn scraps I knit into this one this time around add up to 32 g for the Sock Yarn-O-Meter.
Another addition to the Sock Yarn-O-Meter comes from the November Socks and December Socks. Why, how can I have published the sock collection and not having finished the socks until now? Well, part of it is a matter of second sock syndrome. The red December Sock was indeed finished in August before I published the collection, but the second one - which is grey and red because I ran out of red yarn... - was a long time coming.
The sock on the left in the photo is the November Sock. I knit this second pair because the first pair was too worn out to be put on display. The first sock is absent in the photo because it is indeed on display, so you'll have to take my word for it that I actually finished two :)
Addition to Sock Yarn O-Meter: November Socks: 104 g; December Socks: 75 g.
All this sums up to 303 g of sock yarn used, i.e. +38% for the Sock Yarn-O-Meter. However, I couldn't resist a tip that Kemps was selling the Kaffe Fassett sock yarn - I've been eyeing the Landscape Fire colourway for a long time, but never bought it - at I price so low that I could get two skeins sent to my front door for less than 50 DKK (~10 USD). These two 50 g skeins thus add -12.5% to the Sock Yarn-O-Meter, so the net result this time around is +25.5%. I'm getting closer to a positive balance! :)
4 comments:
Fine, fine ting - jeg er specielt vild med the asymetrical cardigan. Hvor får du dog produceret meget:-)
Hold da op, hvor har du fart på pindene! Og so
sædvanligt fine sager.
Mange tak :)
Et eller andet skal man jo lave, når det sner udenfor... ;)
Good on you for starting the sock blanket. I was debating Babettes but yours seems like less work. You can pick up stitches instead of sewinfg together endless blocks.
Post a Comment