I'm sure you'll agree that knitters are such a lovely bunch of people!
Last Saturday, the 16th of January I spent a wonderful day with 50-60 of them and it was truly great!
The library in Vinderup hosted a knitter's event - 5 hours of chatting, sharing knitting tips, knitting, and learning new aspects of knitting.
I were to give a talk on 'Knitting on the Internet', where I introduced fellow knitters to the endless possibilities the Internet provides, especially blogs, Ravelry, and how to get started with 'knitting in English'. People seemed happy with my talk, and I was just happy to pass on all these resources that have meant so much to me as a knitter and that I use daily.
There were also talks by other knitters - on special techniques and a special way of purling used in a Lithuanian sock (very interesting!) and on the life and knits of Elizabeth Zimmermann.
This day of knitting also marked the end of the exhibition of my 12 pairs of socks from the A Year in Socks collection, which have been on display in the library for a bit more than a month.
For me, however, the focus of the day was definitely on spending a day in a delightful company - I had such a great and inspiring time!The exhibition is now on display in another one of the libraries in the municipality, namely the one in Ulfborg, until the end of February.
It is all very exciting for me - and I'm very happy that people enjoy seeing my socks.




2 comments:
Det lyder som en superfed dag! Den slags man kan leve på længe.
Indeed this was a wonderful day.
Apart from my love of knitting I also wanted to show that modern libraries are living places where people meet and places for IT learning. And didn’t we succeed in combining
• knitting – an ancient craft still living
• showing the some of the possibilities of the internet
• and making a great day a small library
I have been working as a librarian for more than 40 years and soon I’ll be retiring from my work. What time this will give me for knitting!
Love from Anne Marie
Post a Comment