Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How do you like to work?



It's been exactly one week since we moved into the new offices and nine days since I started working on my PhD. By now, my desk looks like this. Looking at the desks in the other offices, I feel like the most untidy person in the world. But this is how I work best! The mess inspires me; I have to be able to see a lot of papers at the same time, as they remind me what I just read, what I should be reading next, etc., and I actually take care to place all the piles in a certain manner depending on how they relate to each other and to my current work; and at this point where I'm trying to find out where to start the project and where to go next, this is very important to me.

How do you like to work?

5 comments:

mooncalf said...

Not at all, if possible.

Birgitte said...

:D If it were, I'd knit till my arms fell off :)

Ulla said...

Very tidy compared to my desk at work!

Paula said...

I heard once that people are "innies" or "outies". Outies like to have their work out where they can see it. Innies like it filed away. It appears that you are an outie, as am I. For me, once filed, it is forgotten.

Patricia said...

Ha, ha, mooncalf. I agree, very tidy. I like to work all over. Outdoors on a sunny day. In bed on a rainy day. At the dining room table. If I am needing to concentrate and am under pressure, at the library.