Saturday, January 02, 2010

The knits of 2009



Another year has gone, and the final count shows that in 2009 I managed to finish 49 knits, most of which are pictured above. I've stopped weighing my FOs, but an estimate would be somewhere between 5 and 10 kg of yarn knit up. I've knit 6 scarves/shawls, 12 sweaters/cardigans/dresses, 12 pairs of socks, 2 shrugs/vests, 1 pair of gloves, 5 hats, 9 baby garments, a Decipede, and an iPod cozy.

The winners of 2009, i.e. the knits that get the most wear must be: the Cabled Sweater Dress and Pine. Next on the list are Owls, Sommer i Tokyo, the Decipede, Buttercup I, the Blue Mittens, the Lengthwise Garter Scarf, the three Claras and all the pairs of socks for the A Year in Socks collection, which I'll hopefully get to wear next winter, post-exhibition.

Thanks for reading and commenting in 2009 - it's very much appreciated and makes me very happy :)

I hope you'll keep reading through 2010, where I'll be knitting more sweaters and shawls than socks, I think...

3 comments:

Lena said...

En imponerende og flot produktion!
Glæder mig til at se hvad du får af pindende i 2010.

britt said...

Fantastisk mængde strik du har fået af pindene i 2009! Både i omfang og skønhed. Og jeg elsker dine farver - klare røde og blå farver som de primære - dem elsker jeg også højt!
Helt enig mht Pine - det er absolut også en yndlingstrøje her i huset.
KH,
Britt

Birgitte said...

Tusind tak, begge to :)
Ja, det er absolut klare røde og blå farver, der tiltrækker mig! På det seneste er jeg også blevet interesseret i grå, så måske der også kommer lidt af det i det nye år...