I'm very pleased with my self as I reach the end of this weekend (and my day off on Thursday: pre-weekend): In between lab work and correcting Peter's master thesis I've been knitting on WIPs only! I haven't started a new project!
As you can see in the sidebar, I have only(!) 4 WIPs. I've even taken up the Color on Color scarf, which I thought I'd never finish. I'm almost done with the last section, meaning that all I need now is to knit a .... lot of i-cords, weave in even more ends, and make some buttons. I don't say that it'll be done by the end of the week, but I'm confident that it'll be done by the end of the year.
Thursday I plugged away on the neckwarmer (inspiration here) in Jo Sharp DK Silkroad Tweed. Today I washed it, and it's now ready for the 6 different buttons that I dug out of the fully equipped sewing chest that I inherited from my grandmother. I think it's going to be nice!
This weekend I've been knitting on the Colette Pullover: I finished the first sleeve and cast on for the second. I'm suprised how incredibly fast one can knit the rounds on the sleeve when being used to the body rounds! I want to finish this one soon as it's going to be very thick and warm. The weatherman spoke about the winter arriving by the end of the week.
I've also taken a few rounds on the Cabled Pullover. I'm almost at the chest shaping (I'm knitting in the round although the patterns says otherwise - I adhere to EZ: avoid purling by all means!). I'm thinking about casting on for a sleeve for lecture knitting as the semester starts next Monday. Unfortunately, I have no bamboo dpns size 4 mm; bamboo needles are required for silent(!) lecture knitting!
Meanwhile I'm contemplating what to start next. I'm thinking that it'll be MI's Solen and a well-known little elephant.
I'm wearing the Amimono Oak again today - apologies for forgetting to photograph it...
I wish a nice last week of the long month of January :)
4 comments:
I'm smiling a bit, the balance between finishing the WIPs and fulfilling the urge to start yet another project seems to trouble every knitter all around the world :-) Four must be a good number of WIPs, don't you think?
I'm looking forward to seeing the Colette when finished, so knit on and have a nice day (with or without lecture knitting..)!
Tora - I think 4 is an appropriate number of WIPs! I often have up to 8 WIPs but to be honest, I don't think I can manage more than 4 at the time if I actually have to be knitting on them regularly :)
Ja, fire WIP's er lige tilpas. Det har jeg også p.t. selvom to af dem nok nærmere er... are hibernating, men så kan jeg jo snildt begynde nogle nye projekter :-) Jeg ser virkelig frem til at se din Amimono Oak på dig, den ser super fed ud!
Godt gået - glæder mig til at se din Color on Color - den er så cool!
KH Britt
Post a Comment