Thursday, January 31, 2008

Coincidental blogland adventures

As you probably all know, browsing through blogland can lead you on numerous adventures. The one I had today was a little out of the ordinary - to me at least - so I'll share my way round it with you.

Starting on Ravelry browsing for yarn from my I-would-love-to-have-this-yarn-but-I'm-not-willing-to-pay-tax-on-a-U.S.-shipment-list I came across projects made from one of the Habu Stainless Steel yarns. That lead me to Olga's profile, where I saw a lovely Wenlan Chia sweater she made (links to Ravelry). That lead me to another profile because Kelli had made another beautiful version of this sweater. That, of course, lead me to Kelli's blog. I discovered that Kelli has a wonderful eye for fashionable knits and went on looking through her blog. At some point, I encountered a post, where she showed her new necklace from - and here comes the interesting part seen from my point of view - Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry. Apparently, Jennifer Zeuner makes jewelry, which is somewhat popular, even in the Hollywood circles.

In case you're still wondering why this is so interesting... jewelry designer Jennifer and I share the same last name. To say the least, this is not an awfully common surname - in fact, I've never met anyone apart from my father and his mother with that name, yet. As some of you may have guessed, our name is of German origin, but it is not as if Germany is crowded with distant family members of that name. I know some people in Denmark share my last name - 55 to be exact - but I've never met the 53 of them. Hence, when I encounter someone with my last name on a blog, and find out the woman grew up as far away as in Puerto Rico before she became a U.S. jewelry designer - well, I smile a little and wonder :)

No comments: